|L'atelier des ZOMES|
A large family of geometrical volumes that one can build and which gives self-supporting volumes without requiring of supports interns Volumes in which one can live while benefitting from all the space. Beauty of the lines, roundness of the cupola, polygonal plan, no right angles.Types of zomes
Those which we build are composed of facets rhombuses and rest on a plane ground by vertical triangles or walls. One can want a volume single or join together several zomes between them to give spaces of large surface. Large from interior, the zomes seem small from exterior.
Their structure, like a skeleton, and the organization of the facets in a balanced form give them an astonishing rigidity, which allows to use of wood of weak sections and small lengths. Enveloping structure that one can cover, equip or fill according to his suitability. This quality and the compactness of the form leads to a serious saving in materials.
A zome carries identical crowns of rhombuses and according to the number of rhombuses in a crown (4, 5.6… and more) one will speak about zome 4, zome 5, zome 6,... One names that order of the zome. A low-size zome will be satisfied with a low number order (or a small number of facets). But, if one wishes a zome of important surface, it will be necessary to adopt a model of greater number, therefore with a large number of facets which will give a rounder volume.
With this number, other parameters (the more or less pointed form, addition of a zone of more facets,...
Avec ce nombre, d'autres paramètres (la forme plus ou moins pointue, l'ajout d'une zone de facettes supplémentaires,..) can give a large variety of volumes answering the diversity of plans on the ground or situations.
Qualities of zomes spaces
- the zome offer a beauty of lines into double spirals, a great esthetics, a volume where one breathes. Its round form releases the imagination.
- construction and establishment of a zome are fast and do not require specific or expensive tools. The built parts and elements light and are adapted to your forces.
- with its static qualities, the organization and the connection of its facets, a zome is antiseismic: even if with a strong tension or at the strong shock an element broke, the zome would not break down brutally.
- with its aerodynamic form, it offers little catch to the wind then less thermic losses.
- one can easily connect several zomes between-them to obtain big spaces or, to leave a single volume, to add thereafter other volumes (more conventional zomes or spaces).
- a zome is easy to heat and adapted well for the cold climates, no angle blocks circulation of air.
- by a judicious establishment, the organization of spaces and the choice of materials, a zome becomes an ecological and bioclimatic building.
Zome and energy
A zome is not a neutral architecture but a pure form, dynamic and in charge of symbols (rhombus, spirals,…) who grants energies of man and of cosmos. It amplifies the etheric body. Various models of zomes were tested by qualified people in geobiology
- these effects are more important for zomes with high numbers of facets (great order number)
- the zomes of even number are softer
- the zomes resting on the ground by vertical walls have balanced energies and can be adopted like dwellings
- the zomes with odd order order resting on the ground by triangles returning towards the center are very energetics and must be used for temporary occupations. They are well adapted like places of creation (design, artistic activities, personal development, therapies,…)
zome for what?
Like is a space easy to build (for the small ones), pleasant, flexible and evolutionary, you can intend it so that you want: since the house of your dog, the birdcage for your birds, a workshop, a shelter with tools or materials, a greenhouse or additional sleeping room
and of course a habitat for largest zomes.
Voir aussi les réponses aux Questions Fréquemment Posées